We left our house at 6:30 this morning to take Jackson to Primary Children's. We were checked in shortly after and they took him right in to surgery. It caught me off guard! When they took him out of my arms, I'll admit that it broke my heart. I didn't expect them to take him at the point. We had quite a bit of time with Madee yesterday.
Before they took him, they checked his blood pressure. This was the cutest little arm band... but boy did he hate it!

This is Daddy holding him before he went away.

It was the first time he's been away from me for that long - besides sleeping. It was hard, but I was also so relieved that his hernia was finally being taken care of. He's been so uncomfortable for so long.
After an hour, his doctor came in to update us. He said Jackson did very well (music to our ears!). One thing he did not like ... normally hernias are tear-drop shaped. They will get smaller towards the top, where they are coming out of the abdominal wall. Jackson's isn't like that - it was large from top to bottom and considered adult sized. However, he said he did the very best he could and Jackson's chances for a recurrent hernia are still slim.
This is a picture of my sweet angel in recovery. He looked so peaceful and I will admit I cried tears of relief when I saw him breathing and sleeping so sweetly.

Here's a picture of me finally holding him... oh it felt so good!!!

He's been a sleepy baby and is back to breastfeeding on his normal schedule. I think he'll bounce right back! Babies are so tough!!! In fact, he only has to take Tylenol for the next 2 days and he should be fine after that. WOW!
Madee update: She is eating so great!!! She woke up and told my mom (who was watching her while we were at the hospital) that she was 'all better'. She's been eating and drinking well and loves to play and color. Her neighbor friends, Rachelle and her daughter Matisse brought her popcicles and a coloring book today. What a lucky girl she is.
I am so grateful for the prayers in behalf of my kids and Matt & I. I feel so at peace tonight!!! It's been a summer of doctor appointments that never seemed to end and now my babies are hopefully going to be better next week than they've ever been before! Oh how I love them.



3 comments:
Hooray! It's all over now--I bet you guys are so relieved! I hope the healing goes as well as the surgeries, and everything is back to normal soon.
Love you guys!
Krista
So glad to hear that Jackson's surgery went well too. Here's to a speedy recovery for you all.
Mel my heart feels for you, Both our boys had surgery at 6 months and it is SOO hard to have them take your little one's from you and then takes everything you have not to break down and sob once you get to see them again! I am so glad everything went well. He is just adorable!
Post a Comment