* For the second night in a row, I fed Jackson at 10 p.m., put him to bed and he didn't wake up until 6:45!!! There's something about waking up to the sun that makes me smile :)
* I've been driving around with a nail in a tire... but Discount Tire came to my rescue! They met me before I hauled my two kids into the store and took my keys. Aw, they must have sympathy. Plus, it was fixed at no charge. That's a reason to smile :)
* After dropping off the car, I walked across the street to Madee's dr. appointment... in the rain, holding her hand, and carrying my heavy son in his carseat. I felt like that was an accomplishment and it made me smile :)
* Madelyn had a hearing test and passed with flying colors. Plus, it was determined that she will not have to have tubes in her ears when her tonsils and adenoids come out. Smile :)
* I now have somewhat of a schedule down and I got both kids down at the same time for a nap... and guess what? Mommy slept for an hour too! That's a BIG BIG reason to smile :)
* Madelyn is so sweet to her brother. She's comforted him several times today with snuggles, kisses, and the occasional "It's okay, Buddy" or "What's the matter, Buddy?". Watching my kids gives me a permanent smile.
* I rarely get to talk to Matt during the day, but I got to hear his voice today! It might have been about mortgage business stuff, but it was still a reason to smile.
* Madelyn says the funniest things today. Again, she told me her brother was poopy. So I said, "No, he's not, but you are a pooper." She looked at me and tilted her head and said, "No, I'm not! I'm just Madee!"
* After the "just Madee" comment... I called her a turkey. She said, "Yes, I'm a turkey! Mama, you are an elephant!" OH MY! No girl wants to be called an elephant, but it still made me laugh.
* And finally, but probably not the last (It's only 3:45!)... I left the room to put in another load of laundry and walked in to see this:

Madelyn looks pretty awesome sporting her swimming suit (which rarely comes off these days) and her dad's rocker wig!



3 comments:
This was such a great post to read. It brought a smile to my face as I thought of you being a SUPER MOM in the rain. Way to go! And um...I think a Rock Band night is in order to see Matt wearing that amazingly cool wig. :)
Love the post smelly melly
What a cute list! It is such a good reminder to appreciate all the little things that fill our days! However, I don't know that I would be smiling after walking to Madee's appointment in the rain with both kids! You are amazing!
Post a Comment