Thursday, August 14, 2008

What was she thinking?

I often wonder why Madelyn does the things she does.

Why does she like to eat toothpaste? Why does she like to say she wants ketchup for her nuggets, but then spread it all over her arms and legs instead? Why does she eat dirt? Why does she empty out every drawer and cupboard in the house? Why, when I buy a new thing of floss, does she pull the entire roll of string out... and how does she do it in less than 5 seconds? Why does she spit? Why does she insist on drinking bath water? The list goes on and on... but the biggest stumper came this week.

This is a flower from my flower pot... isn't it pretty? (well, it is a little blurry)
Photobucket

This is the flower from the flower pot after 2 days inside Madelyn's nose... (3 of those babies came out!!!)
Photobucket
That's right. I caught her sticking petals up her nose Sunday night. I immediately pulled TONS out of each nostril and gave her the lecture about why we don't do that. She instantly began sneezing up a storm. Then the runny eyes and nose sets in. So... I give her Benedryl. Monday morning she wakes up, sneezes, and out comes a jelly bean sized glob of flower petals. Wow, glad it came out!

Monday night - she wakes up 4 times! Why?! I figure the poor girl is suffering allergies from smelling the flowers a little too closely. Tuesday things get real bad with a runny nose and eyes. I take her to the dr - another jelly bean sized glob comes out... we come home and a THIRD jelly bean sized glob comes out!

Oh my goodness! She's been perfect ever since. I can't believe she walked around for two days/nights with those things up her nose! Yuck!

So... I know I will continue to witness things that make me question WHY... but overall it makes her who she is and I love her for it!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, I am seriously laughing out loud! I can't believe she had that many flower petals up her nose! No wonder she was sneezing! Too funny!

Sheri said...

That is hilarious!
I stuck a cheerio up my nose when I was little and freaked out-until I thought I could just smash it! Duh! :)
I can't believe she walked around that long with all of that up her nose!