Wednesday, August 6, 2008

"He's poopy!"

Matt has our camera... so I don't have a picture to go with this story... but I had to share it!

Within the past week, my dear Madelyn has become a big helper (in her eyes!). Throughout the day, she's constantly telling me that Jackson is poopy. Now she doesn't wait for me. She just takes his diaper off and tells him he's a good boy. She's so proud of herself for 'changing' him and Jackson looks so cute smiling up at his big sister, that I haven't explained too much that she should wait for me to change his diaper. At one point, though, I did frantically tell her that Jackson was going to pee all over her so she needed to put his diaper back on. She insisted his diaper needed to stay off and said, "I'll just scoot back."

Oh, I love these kids! Some days I feel like it's all I can do to make it from sun-up to sun-down without Matt here with us... but we're doing okay and we'll just make the most of our time with him when he's back! We usually try to do a countdown with Madee - and tell her how many days until she sees her Daddy again. He left early Monday morning and a few hours later she came up to me and said, "Mama, guess what?!" I said, "What, honey?". And she got a HUGE smile and an excited voice and said, "Daddy comes home in THREE days!" I didn't have the heart to tell her she was way off on the number - it was so darn cute!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Madee is such a cute little girl and what a great helper for you. It was so great to see you today and your cute kiddos. You look so great! I'm so happy for you!

Sheri said...

Thanks for calling Mel! Madee is too cute. I have never seen your wedding pictures! The one on your blog is the only one Ive seen. :(
Now how do you do all the cute pictures on the heading of your blog?
sheri