Monday, August 11, 2008

Back to the old days...

Does anyone even REMEMBER these?!

Photobucket

My son is such a 'lucky' boy to be able to sport the bulky cloth diapers! I've never known him without some sort of rash on his adorable bunners and it's now been 10 weeks of trying to fix it. I haven't used wipes in over a month - rather, I've used wet tissues or toilet paper. I've used every cream on the shelves - including one with a money back guarantee. And I've already gotten a prescription cream refilled once.

Last week the rash was almost gone - a near perfect bum! However, I am nervous about his upcoming surgery. The surgeon threatened me that he would cancel the surgery if there was the slightest rash. My pediatrician said there's NO WAY they would cancel because Jackson needs the surgery so badly. But I will err on the side of caution!

So, cloth diapers it is... diapers, pins, awful vinyl pants and all! I STRONGLY DISLIKE THEM!!! I'm doing a few loads of laundry each day because of it, it's nearly impossible to squeeze his big diaper into clothes, and I hate touching wetness to get the pins off - so hopefully it will all be worth it :)I will LOVE changing each and every diaper if I can ever get back to disposables!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Mel, I had no clue you had a blog!!! I saw your comment on Heather's blog, I am so glad you have one now so I can see you! Your family is so cute and your little accouncment was DARLING! You look great, hope you are doing well and the surgery will go well!