MATT IS HOME!
Matt came home a few weeks ago and we are THRILLED to have him back! It was not an easy summer for him to be away from us and work hard in California... and it was definitely hard for me at home with a very busy toddler and no sleep from a newborn. But, I think we both feel pretty darn okay about it. Mostly, it was heaven to have him come home! Here are a couple pics when he first arrived:


TRIP TO HAWAII!
A week after Matt came home, we went with the entire Kennedy Family to Hawaii. It was AWESOME! Thanks to Keith and Jodee for sharing your timeshare and to Keith for your hard work at Delta to make it possible for us to fly! We spent hours in the sun... the gorgeous sun! We visited many beaches and enjoyed the pool at the resort. Madelyn had so much fun. She never stopped. It was so great watching her make friends. My favorite was watching her try to strike up a conversation with a little girl from Japan who didn't understand her. Oh well, it was a great opportunity to teach her how to say "Konichiwa". We had a great time with the family... Madelyn especially loved the time with her cousins. Jackson also had a nice time. Lucky boy, going to Hawaii at 4 months old! Matt and I loved the time spent snorkeling and just being together. It was heaven having him with us - let alone being with him in hawaii!




FISHING
Madelyn caught her first fish!!! Check her out! We went fishing to Strawberry Reservoir with the Marsings and Madee couldn't wait to catch a fish. Grandpa and Daddy were with her and boy was she proud.

MADELYN
Madelyn is such a joy! She can also really test us. She's definitely trying to be the boss at times... but overall she's wonderful. She is the best big sister to jackson and she is loving how he responds to her now. She actually tells him from time to time not to be naughty. Plus, she's had to get after him for pulling her hair.
JACKSON
Jackson is now 5 months old and that blows me away! Where has the time gone? On the other hand... it seems he's been with us forever. His bright blue eyes still surprise us, and we love to stare into them. He's a big boy and is keeping me busy feeding him. ... ALL ... THROUGH ... THE .... NIGHT. I wonder when it will end, but I also know the time with a new baby is short, so I won't complain. He's also teething and I can't wait for that first tooth to pop out because he's sure seemed uncomfortable. He is also laughing... and it is AWESOME!
Matt and I are trying to get a balance on our new life together. With him working from home, and me working at KUTV in the mornings... we both are figuring out some new roles. It sure makes life interesting... AND BUSY!!!!



4 comments:
Yay, Mel--it's good to have you "back". I've missed seeing what's going on in Kennedy land! It sounds like you have had a busy couple of monthe--I'm jealous about the Hawaii trip. It must have been fabulous! Also, I totally understand what you mean about nursing through the night! I really can feel your pain--that is why Andrew sleeps with me. I seriously couldn't do it any other way! Love ya and hope to hear from you soon!
Hi Melanie,
Nice post.. That is so awesome that you were able to spend the family time in Hawaii. Priceless!!
Cudo's for you on "Super Mom" I know it can take a toll on us.. Looks like you challenged and conquered. It's so nice to see you all grown up! You have the most adorable family! So cool to also hear what's happening in your life.
KUTV huh! THat's awesome, what do you do? Will we see you on TV? Looks like you have become very successful -
What a busy month! I am so glad that Matt is back! Hawaii sounds so nice right now & I love the picture of Madee making a heart in the sand! Your family is so beautiful & I can't believe how big Jackson is getting! What a cutie! I hope work is going well! We miss you at playdates!
It was so great to see you the other night. Looks like you have had a fun and busy month. Still so jealous you went to Hawaii!
Post a Comment